Friday, November 23, 2007

Backyard Symphony III: Even Stick Men Get the Blues


I realize there are no pictures of actual people in these sets. So I suppose this doughty little homunculus will have to suffice. Harmonica purchased at a toy store, along with an el cheapo wooden flute and a jingle shaker for about $10. Sculpture wire procured at a local art store.




Our little friend's particularly reflective body made for a difficult posing. He blended into pretty much any background. But I feel like I managed to capture his soul. He could actually play that thing pretty well, considering his lack of lungs.



And like any good blues player, he enjoyed taking a little time off to reflect on hard times and all the stick wimmin that had done him wrong.



Before I knew it, he was gone, but not before nicking $10 out of my wallet and running up my long-distance bill. Godspeed, you little harp-huffing twist of wire.












No comments: