Friday, November 23, 2007

Backyard Symphony V: The Bell Tree

This was actually the first set of photos I took. I like the idea of artificial objects in a natural surrounding.

Putting tiny bells on trees seemed kind of elementally right to me. Something that might have been done during a Chinese dynasty, or on the British highlands a long time ago.


Of course, that's pretty much where we get the whole "Christmas tree" thing, so this whole little endeavor seemed Autumnally appropriate. And I like the idea of a tree that would grow bells as well as leaves and fruit. Can you imagine what a whole forest of those would sound like?


I only wish the bells were of a little higher quality so that they would chime when the wind shakes the branches. Ah well. At least they look good, right?







No comments: