Monday, November 26, 2007

Backyard Symphony VIII: Brokedown Melody

This isn't actually the same little toy guitar that can be seen in "Berried Guitar". This was a toy ukulele that was given to me as a present.

The bloody thing wouldn't hold a tuning at all. The string tuners would spin back and forth merrily without having the slighest effect on the rubber-like strings.



So I decided it could serve no purpose existing as it was intended to. I took it out back and started hitting it with a hammer. As it came apart, it suddenly developed much more personality.


So I didn't stop there. I got out the duct tape and patched it together. I doused it in lighter fluid and applied a flame. It charred in a very interesting way, as well as discoloring the finish slightly. Next came the cellophane tape, marker and rubber band.



By the time I was done, it looked quite a bit more impressive than it had before. So I took it out back for a photo session.










No comments: