Friday, November 23, 2007

Backyard Symphony IV: That Cool Sound



The most interesting part of this project was the blatant mishandling of the guitar cable. I had never put one in a freezer before. It was a liberating and slightly mischievious feeling.





Actually, my little habit of freezing things goes way back into my early childhood. Other kids would set action figures on fire; I would put them in a container of water and throw them into the freezer. I have no idea what this says about me.



This actually reminds me of Albert Collins, the noted Telecaster-wielding bluesman, who had a whole wealth of sub-zero nicknames. He wrote a bunch of songs with titles like "Avalanche", "Frosty"... you get the idea. Here he is for purposes of comparison, in a much cooler (ha ha) picture than mine.




Anyway, it was nice to get back to my icy roots. (Pink and black... what an odd color combination. Very Raveonettes).


This last one I particularly like. It looks like some long-frozen remnant of a prehistoric age, newly thawed out and ready to take on the world. Rarr!




No comments: