Friday, November 23, 2007

Backyard Symphony VI: Berried Guitar

This set kind of grew organically, which is perfect. I picked up a cheap little almost-toy guitar from Walgreens. (It actually sounded OK... well, the top two strings did, anyway. Kind of like a resonator guitar, or banjo. But that's beside the point).



That's a pansy, inside the guitar. "Pansy" has some pretty weak associations, but let me tell you, it's one of the only flowers that's hardy enough to bloom in the fall. Good on yer, flower.


Don't you just love these berries? Crimson red is such an enticing color. It reminds a lot of the scenes from "American Beauty", where what's-her-face was framed by rose petals. The whole thing wound up having such a lavish look to it that it made me think of weddings, harvests, offerings of gifts. A bit of technological help on the next two.



This picture knocks me out. It has a tremendous, geometrical look to it, like it's broken apart in time and space, coming at you in waves of squares. I sort of wish that would happen to me every now and then. By far my favorite of the set.




This one looks like an explosion of Impressionist color. I prefer white to black, generally speaking. Black is such a gravid, dull, lifeless color. (Which of course can be exactly what you want. There are always exceptions). Shame it doesn't snow around here.






One interesting thing that happened: as soon as I had taken the flower out of the guitar and put it in the ground, a bee flew right to it. They must have an incredibly keen sense of perception; the flower hadn't been planted for more than 15 seconds at this point.



No comments: